Thursday, March 17, 2011

Jennifer Lawrence gets role of Katniss

So I read a lot of young adult novels.  I don't have a lot of time to read and I like science fiction.  I also like to plow through a book in a short amount of time.  These books allow me to do that.  So enough about me defending my silly book obsession!

"The Hunger Games" based on the teen novel has found it's lead actress according to themockingjay.net.  It is none other than Academy Award nominee Jennifer Lawrence.  Yes she is older than the lead character by a few years and that bugs me.  I'm not saying she won't be great at the part, I just wish they would at least try and get the right age.  There were a number of talented actresses up for the part that were much more age appropriate.  I am guessing one of the main reasons they did this was so they could cast an older male lead.  In fact this story needs two and they need to be hunky.  Not just good looking but hunky.

Have you read the books?  What do you think about this casting?

No comments: