Friday, March 18, 2011

Soundtrack for "Hanna"

On a whim I was looking through iTunes yesterday and noticed the soundtrack for the upcoming movie "Hanna" was available.  To my surprise it was created by The Chemical Brothers!  I have always been hit or miss on their albums but I still own them all.  So of course I had to download this immediately.  I listened through it this morning and I must say I think it will be a great addition to the film.  It already seems to be a movie that is fighting to be interesting.  This soundtrack only adds to that.  It is mostly mellow with the signature rich electronic sound the Bros. are known for.  There is a nice light subtlety that has seeped into a lot of their music and that also comes across.  I'm super curious to see how this fits in with the movie when it hits screens later this year.

Hit the jump for a preview of the film!!

"Hanna" stars Saoirse Ronan as an "abnormal" girl who is trained to be an assassin by her father Eric Bana.  It also stars the beautiful Cate Blanchett and generally just looks awesome.  It is directed by Joe Wright who did "Atonement" so at least there is a good pedigree behind this one.  What do you think about the trailer?


Hanna: Movie Trailer - Watch more Movie Trailers

No comments: