Friday, February 18, 2011

Fantasy Film Friday #1, Part 2

First off, I want to say that I had to edit my post this morning because for some reason I added Jurassic Park 5 instead of the next logical sequel which would be 4.  So we are officially talking about Jurassic Park 4.  Ms. Mellen, I apologize for switching this on you!!  Anyway, this is the post you comment on to let me know all the reasons JP4 should not be made.  My reasons are after the jump!


I don't think they ever will but are dinosaurs kind of played out?  They just weren't as cool in JP3 and that may be just because they weren't done right.  But I sort of get the feeling that maybe they are no longer the hot animal.  Velociraptors will always be cool, though.  ALWAYS!!

Without an amazing script that is a vast departure from the originals, this will be just another rehashing of the same story.  Even WITH all the things I listed in my other post this could come off as a rehashing.  Maybe it's time to let them die?

I will admit that I would really like to see another one if for nothing else than the fact that I frickin' loved the first one.  What do you think?  What are the biggest drawbacks to making a JP4?

No comments: